• site: carstenhood.com
• email: [first name] f [last name] at gmail dot com
• cell: five twelve – nine forty – twenty-three twenty-four
• location: Austin, TX
• Honors computer science graduate (GPA 3.88) with minor in cybersecurity.
• Work & academic experience with Python, C / C++, Objective-C, Swift / iOS development.
• Drafted patents for leading tech companies.
• Experience writing site copy and online posts (a few blogs available at my home page).
IdealSpot, Inc. (Commercial Real Estate Data/Web Company) Austin, TX
Dec 2017 – May 2018
• Mostly Python, esp. pandas data-manipulation package; also LaTeX document preparation system & QGIS mapping software.
MHKK&G (Intellectual Property Law Firm) Austin, TX
Dec 2014 – Aug 2015
• Prepared patent applications related to wireless communications for tech companies.
• E.g., drafted US Patent No. 9,706,394 and US Patent Publication No. 20160295482 for Apple Inc.
Logie’s on Campus (Bar) College Station, TX
Aug 2016 – Dec 2017
Doorman / Security / Busser
Texas A&M University (TAMU) College Station, TX
B.S. in Computer Science
• GPA 3.880
• Minor in cybersecurity and special focus in German; honors and scholars programs; several academic scholarships; president of campus libertarian club; merchandise officer of men’s rugby club.
• Accolades: Engineering Honors Program; Aggie Computer Science & Engineering Scholars Program; Computer Science Dept. Industrial Affiliates Program Scholarship; President’s Endowed Scholarship; National Merit Recognition Award; graduated Magna Cum Laude.
Mises Institute (Economics Education & Research Organization) Auburn, AL
Summer Program Scholarship Student
Westlake High School (WHS) Austin, TX
• ACT 34/36; SAT 1530/1600.
• Accolades: National Football Foundation Outstanding Achievement Scholarship (selected top Scholar-Athlete Representative for Greater Austin Chapter); Varsity Football All-Regional Outside Linebacker & State Semi-Finalist.