Carsten Frederick Hood
• site: carstenhood.com
• email: carsten f hood at gmail dot com
• cell: five twelve – nine forty – twenty-three twenty-four
Texas A&M University (TAMU) College Station, TX
B.S. in Computer Science, Minor in Cybersecurity
• GPA 3.86
• Awards: Engineering Honors Program; Aggie Computer Science & Engineering Scholars Program; Computer Science Dept. Industrial Affiliates Program Scholarship; President’s Endowed Scholarship; National Merit Recognition Award.
Westlake High School (WHS) Austin, TX
• ACT 34/36; SAT 1530/1600.
• Awards: National Football Foundation Outstanding Achievement Scholarship (Selected Top Scholar-Athlete Representative for Greater Austin Chapter); Varsity Football All-Regional Outside Linebacker and State Semi-Finalist.
MHKK&G (Intellectual Property Law Firm) Austin, TX
Dec 2014 – Aug 2015
• Prepared patent applications for computer technology companies related to wireless communications.
• Interacted directly with client engineers and US Patent Office examiners.
• E.g., drafted US Patent No. 9,706,394 and US Patent Publication No. 20160295482 for Apple Inc.
Logie’s on Campus (Bar) College Station, TX
Aug 2016 – Dec 2017
Doorman / Security
• Control entry, check identification, bus tables, handle unruly customers, serve food, clean up.
Programming & Software Development
• C / C++, Python, Java, Objective-C, Swift / iOS development.
Graphic Design & Web Development
• Developed simple business website for local tutoring company. Apr 2014
• Create graphics and posters for local area bands & concerts.
Aggie Libertarians (Campus Political Club)
Feb 2016 – Dec 2017
• Plan events, lead meetings, make presentations, manage media & communications, etc.
Texas A&M Men’s Rugby (Club Sports Team)
Aug 2013 – Aug 2014
• Design and market team merchandise as varsity player.